Privacy and Cookies Notice
Version dated June 2021
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This notice sets out how we will treat your personal data.
Identity and contact details of the data controller
The website www.hoteleminente.com (the “Site”) is operated by Rum Enterprise, a French company having its registered address at 142, rue du Bac – 75007 Paris, with company number 879 041 770, (“Eminente” or “we”) in its capacity of data controller for the purposes of applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Unless otherwise indicated, the Moët Hennessy affiliate with which you are in contact or which is mentionned in the legal notices on the Site or any other document you may receive, whether in your country of residence or abroad, has the capacity of joint controller with Rum Enterprise.
What information do we collect?
Personal data is collected directly from you when you use the Site and our services or automatically when you access the Site.
We may process the following categories of personal data.
Information you provide to us:
- Identification data such as your first name, last name, title, nationality, date of birth, postal address, location of residence , email address and phone number ;
- Your preferences and interests ;
- Information you may disclose when you contact us ;
- Banking data such as payment details (if it possible on the Site).
Information automatically collected:
- Login data such as your IP address, your terminal specificities and your logs.
Personal data is collected directly from you, except when you are a gift recipient in which case the source of collect of your personal data is the gift purchaser. In such case, the following information is collected indirectly: first name, last name and email address. We may also collect indirectly from our social media partners the fact that you are using their social networks and your associated advertising identifiers.
We may also collect information that you provide to us about other people, for example when you decide to purchase and send products to someone, or when you participate in a lottery/contest on our Site and want to invite friends to participate as well. We use this information only to respond to your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they choose to receive communications from us.
How do you use my personal data?
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes listed below.
In order to perform a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (legal basis: Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR):
- Create an account our Site ;
- Book visits (if it possible on the Site) ;
- Any other services, current or future, related to the services we provide and listed in the relevant Terms & Conditions (if it possible on the Site).
In order to comply with our legal obligations (legal basis: Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR):
- Processing in connection with legal claims and compliance purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal processes or litigation).
Based on your prior consent (legal basis: Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR):
- Use of certain types of cookies. For more information regarding cookies, please read our Cookies Notice
- Send you information about our offers, news and events (newsletters, invitations and other publications) as well as offers, news and events related to other entities of the Moët Hennessy group either by e-mail, SMS, MMS, telephone or post ;
- Personalize the content of our Site ;
- Run satisfaction surveys for users in Germany and in Italy, where your consent is required ;
- Show you targeted advertisements and find other people like you within your social media networks (by uploading and matching your personal data - e.g. email address - you have provided to us with information you have supplied to the social media platform) if your consent is required by law (e.g. in Germany).
Based on our legitimate interests (legal basis: Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR) to :
- Ensure the security of our Site and its users and the compliance with our Terms & Conditions of Use
- Improve our products and services as well as our client relationship by sending you information about our offers, news, and events (newsletters, invitations, and other publications) on analogous products and/or services further to a transaction ;
- Produce general statistics and understand your preferences better ;
- Communicate with you via “Contact Us” or similar forms ;
- Show you targeted advertisements and find other people like you within your social media networks, for users in countries where your consent is not required ;
- Run satisfaction surveys, for users in countries where your consent is not required ;
- Detect and prevent frauds.
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear where there is a statutory or contractual (mandatory) requirement to provide personal data and the consequences of not providing the data (for example, that we will not be able to process your order).
Recipients of personal data
In accordance with law, Eminente may share your personal data with:
- Its affiliates to provide you with relevant content and services ;
- Its service payment providers (if it possible on the Site) ;
- Its processors providing it with hosting services ;
- Its processors providing it with support and other marketing services (emailing tools, customer care, ticketing services, statistical analysis services) ;
- Social networks ;
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose it, you, or any of its other users to legal liability ;
- The purchaser, or prospective purchaser, of any business or asset which Eminente is, or is contemplating, selling ;
- And its sub-processors.
The Site may contain links to other websites for reference purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, privacy notices or practices of third party websites in these circumstances. Please contact them directly for more information.
We may transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. Any transfer of your Data outside the EEA is covered by appropriate safeguards compliant with applicable data protection legislation. You have a right to ask us for a copy of these safeguards (by contacting us as set out below).
For any questions regarding data transfers outside the European Economic Area, you can contact Eminente at the address set out below.
Data retention periods are listed in the table below.
Please note however that appropriate data related to subscription of current services will be deleted one (1) month after you have notified us that you want to unsubscribe to such services.
|Data processing||Data retention period|
|Creation and management of your account on Eminente Site||Deletion after 3 years of inactivity|
|Handling of orders and delivery of products, experiences and services||10 years in archived after the validation of the order|
|Online payment processing||Relevant banking data is accessible to us until transaction is completed|
|Communication with you via contact form||Duration of the request resolution, then archived during 3 years starting from the resolve of the request|
|Legal claims management and compliance purposes||Duration of the claim and 5 years from the date of the resolution. If legal action : duration of the procedure until full execution of the Court decision or settlement agreement.|
|Sending of updates, news and other special offers from Eminente||3 years after the last contact from you|
|Show advertisements on your social network newsfeed and to other people like you||3 years after the last contact from you|
|Security and integrity of Eminente Site||Duration of security and integrity processes which may vary according to the operations carried out (3 to 6 months)|
|Fraud detection and prevention||Duration of the investigation (3 to 6 months) and then duration of the legal proceedings (if so)|
|Geolocation||No data retention|
We may update this notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our Site.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our notice by email.
You may ask us for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to establish instructions for the management of your data after death, to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations (for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data).
In order to respond to your request we may need to ask you to provide proof of identity or additional information. We will endeavour to respond your request as soon as possible.
These rights may be exercised at any time by sending a letter or an e-mail to the following addresses:
142, rue du Bac
Protection of persons under legal alcohol drinking and purchasing age
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and right to lodge a complaint
Should you have any question about the collection and processing of your Data by Eminente,please contact the Data Protection Officer of Eminente by writing at “Data Protection Officer (DPO)” – 38 Rue de Sèvres – 75007 PARIS or by sending an e-mail
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.